If you want to be successful in YouTube and expanding your channel and the number of your viewers, you cannot deny the importance of video SEO and optimization. This can be done in several steps which we are going to talk about in this article. By following these tips you will be able to increase the number of your viewers quite a lot and unlock the amazing potential YouTube has. So if you’re interested to learn about this topic, please keep reading.
1. The first step would be finding the right keywords. There is almost no time when someone talks about search engine optimization and they don’t mention keywords, this shows the importance of it. So the first thing you need to do is using online tools such as Google keyword tool or other free keyword finding tools to find the right keywords for the niche of your videos. Then you can use these keywords in the filename, title and caption of your videos. This will have a great impact on the ability of search engines to find you and to direct people to your videos.
2. The next step would be creating high quality videos. This means you should provide people with all the tips and information about the specific niche you’re talking about, don’t sensor yourself and do not try to hide some information for any reason, the more quality your videos have, the more people will like your videos and hopefully share it with other people. This will create a web like effect which will increase the popularity of your videos in no time. Even if you’re not that knowledgeable about the certain niche you want to talk about, go and study about it enough so that you know exactly what you’re talking about and you can be actually helpful for people.
3. Make your videos interesting, this means learn tips and tricks on how to create a well put together and professional video. There are numerous information you can learn in this regard, but one quick way for you is the go and watch popular and well-developed videos with the same niche as the one you want to create and learn from them. Learn all the effects, music, the way the channel owner talks, how the slideshow works, how it starts and ends, etc. After a while you’ll be able to do it all by yourself.
4. Constantly increase the number of your subscribers and fan base. Google and YouTube has very smart robots and algorithms which can easily recognize a useful and informative channel and the most important thing for them is to provide people with exactly what they are looking for, so the more number of subscribers you have and the more views and likes your videos get, the more trustworthy you will be ranked and as a result, your videos will be shown in the first search results. Can you imagine how great of an impact it has on making your channel even bigger? Don’t worry if your Channel or a certain video is new because YouTube doesn’t care about your longevity that much, the most important thing it cares about is how useful your content is and what fresh information you’re providing your viewers with. Trying to expand your community and fan base goes hand-in-hand with the previous tip we talked about which was creating quality content.
5. Try to create lots of backlinks. This can be done both by yourself and other people. Backlinks are basically directing other people to your content and they have a great positive impact on SEO. So if you are already running some websites or blogs of your own which are related to the niche of your YouTube videos, create links on those websites or blogs and target your videos. Also you can contact other popular and related websites and ask them to do the same.